Thursday, February 23, 2006

Barcelona!

I'm here in Barcelona for the PASS European Conference. The city is wonderful - full of Gaudi architecture and easy to navigate. My wife, Edie, has been exploring the city while I'm at the conference. I enjoy hearing the mixture of the languages and meeting folks from all over Europe.

The PSS Boot Camp pre-con day had deep presentations by Ken Henderson, Bart Duncan, and Bob Ward. I especially enjoyed Bart's session on Query Optimization. Tomorrow morning I'm presenting What's New in T-SQL.

On an edible note, the profteroles at Il Golfo di Napoli are a light cream pastry covered in melted chocolate. Amazing. The best desert we've had in Barcelona - right around the corner from the conference hotel. We held our Board dinner at Los Caracoles in the Gothic quarter - very cool resturant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home