Sunday, February 26, 2006

SQL Down Under

At the European PASS Conference last week in Barcelona I sat in on Greg Low's session on Avoiding Recompiles in SQL Server 2005. Greg is the host of SQL Down Under and true SQL Server guru.

One of the key enhancements in SQL Server 2005 is statement level recompiles. I wrote about this in my TechNet article. Greg made the observation that with SQL Server 2005 you may see more recompiles but each recompile is much cheaper. He demonstrated recompiles and missed cache hits using SQL Profiler and explained in detail what causes recompiles and cache misses.

If you haven't listened to Greg Low and his SQL Down Under net radio show - I invite you to take the time to enjoy Greg and his guests. Ausie Ausie Ausie Oy Oy Oy!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...


I started studying after a long gap. Now I try to download the sample database in sql server 2005, i could not find the location. could you please let me know where i can download the SAMPLE databases.


































 

Post a Comment

<< Home